View Single Post
Old 9 Jan 2021, 10:30 (Ref:4027811)   #14
Tique
Racer

France
Paris
Tique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am not a big fan of LMH as the risk is to have few cars on the grid (Only Peugeot and Toyota with a Hybrid system) and the cost involved in their program will be significant. Smaller manufacturer like Glickenhaus is in too but only with an ICE system that is, in my opinion, not the future. I will be very surprise if we will have other manufacturer in this class.

LMDh is for me a better option as cheaper and accessible to privateers that should be competitive for the overall win. I guess that the public doesn't really care about the technology of the engine, who build the tub but like to hear that there is a bit of green technology in the car, to have close races and a brand that is meaning something for them. If you make a comparison between the 24 Hours of Daytona and the 24 Hours of le Mans for a race leader changes point of view, it is just mad. Last year, at Le mans we had 14 leader changes but only the 2 Toyota cars and at Daytona we had 53 leader changes between 7 cars. May be some of you will recall but during the 80s, at Le Mans, we had 1/3 of the grid with Porsche (Joest, Brun, Kremer, Lloyd, ...) and we had great race. So if the new LMDh could be the "962s" of the 2020s and the LMH the Sauber, Jags, Nissan of the 2020s, I will be happy. We will have nice races and the endurance races will come back where we would like them to be. But for that, they need to be properly Bopped. If not, we will come where we are today and we will have no chance to have the LMH in IMSA.