Thread: Customer Cars?
View Single Post
Old 11 Jan 2021, 19:17 (Ref:4028221)   #39
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
i suppose the fear that there would be that company (Dallara for example) who would spend well above and then sell customer cars to F1 teams in needs thus circumventing the spirit of the budget cap.
I "think" they just wouldn't care. The pain is felt by the supplier who is doing something like selling below cost. This is assuming that this car would be available to anyone.

However in reality, I suspect if any type of customer car situation came about, F1 would put in place some controls (including a process to be accepted as a customer car provider). Maybe those controls may be some type of checks to prevent upsetting the customer car market (selling a MUCH nicer car than anyone else by selling them at a loss).

Richard