View Single Post
Old 9 Jan 2018, 19:35 (Ref:3791606)   #11
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
These (sub)compact pickups are 4.50 m long, and can carry 700 kg.
Mid-size pickup trucks are 5.20 m long, and can carry 1000 kg.
The latter are much more expensive, of course.
I knew you would come up with some interesting stuff from the South American markets! I will have to study better when I'm at home and not work.

To add this same information about the N.American trucks, they are delineated by mid-size (Colorado/Canyon, Frontier, Tacoma) and full size. Full size trucks are separated by payload (imperial weights) into 1/2 ton (Light Duty), 3/4 ton (Heavy Duty), and 1 ton (HD). You will also see this as 1500/150, 2500/250, and 3500/350. To make things more confusing, modern full size trucks payloads are way, way above these ratings - An average half ton pickup has a payload capacity of 1500-2000 lbs, a 3/4 ton pickups average 3-4000lbs and 1 ton average 4-7000 lbs.

Pricing is all over the map as well as you can buy a F-150 for $20,000 all the way to $70,000. Luxury versions of HD pickups can approach $100,000. The reason they sell so well, however, is that you can get a well equipped half ton for less than comparably equipped 3-series BMW.