View Single Post
Old 13 Nov 2018, 02:30 (Ref:3862947)   #7
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875 View Post
I'd say that is a pretty big "if". While the V6 turbos have been dropped for the time being,
They don't even need to be V6 twin-turbos, fans loved the iconic Sierra Cosworth four cylinders which already produced ample power.

I think a move towards prestige compact sedans that actually come with rear-wheel-drive and that actually come with four cylinder turbo or six cylinder forced induction engine options is most crucial.

The field should be made up of:
- Alfa Romeo Giulia
- Jaguar XE
- Mercedes C-class
- BMW 3 series
- Hyundai Genesis G70
- Lexus IS
- Infiniti Q50

Cars that come from the factory with four doors, rear wheel drive, and which are performance-orientated. A touring car for crying out loud!

The current series seems to have lost the plot in terms of representing the kinds of performance cars that inner-city executives aspire to lease. Once upon a time they could cheer on the E30 M3, the 190E Cosworth and so on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Beyond that it is big European sedans
I think they should be compact sedans that are more nippy and over-powered.

Fans loved the HR31 Skyline, it was lightweight, agile, well-balanced at a meagre 1100kg race weight. Likewise Ford Sierra, likewise BMW M3.
The Infiniti Q50 is the modern day Skyline, and it would be great to see it and its rivals in the field!

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 13 Nov 2018 at 02:42.