View Single Post
Old 11 Jan 2019, 21:59 (Ref:3875608)   #2873
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Money, exposure and press coverage, without needing to turn to a crowdfunding effort to stay in the game. Also, considerable experience in terms of who to talk to and where to look for the big money, and a list of generous contacts far bigger than most other people have compiled over the years (the Neal family excepted).

So quite a lot, really. Last year Plato generated column inches and miles of forum posts/discussions simply by *not* being up front, and it's continuing this year before anyone knows what his intentions are.

He's had a few crap years and we're still talking about him. That's what Plato brings to any team that might want to take him in.
I get what you are saying, but how much of that brings something to the 'team', and how much of it is about the man himself?

In all of the column inches and forum chat, did BMR really gain anything?

He may have a great 'network', but again how much of that contributes to anything more than paying for his seat?

If it was a case of needing a driver to fund a seat to keep the TBL, then I can understand it. But the teams that will run a title contender already have enough behind them to stay on the grid.