Thread: BOSS GP
View Single Post
Old 17 May 2016, 13:20 (Ref:3642396)   #827
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedblood View Post
I believe they both run a Cosworth 3.0 V10 (exact spec I'm not sure) but doubtless a few revs less than in period.
Nice! Thanks for that - good to see they still run something like the 'proper' engine, although as you say I doubt they're hitting 20K rpm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedblood View Post
Granted the A1/Red Bull ring isn't the longest track in F1 but still impressive to be only a couple of seconds behind.
Indeed - it's a short lap by F1 standards but even so to be getting that close to cars that are 10 years newer is impressive. It'd be interesting to know how the Avon tyres compare with the Pirellis (I assume the BOSS cars are all on Avons) - Avon will be able to go for the best compound / structure as they don't have the same design brief as Pirelli (make the tyres degrade) so are the Avons a quicker tyre?