Thread: IMSA Race Road America 2019
View Single Post
Old 4 Aug 2019, 15:22 (Ref:3921206)   #37
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
I'm surprised that they didn't just buy or rent another R8 to see if it's a problem with that particular car. You'd have to assume that there's some defect with that car or Starworks has badly missed the set up.
So despite having a five weeks break between WGI and RA when the team did a complete tear-down and rebuild of the car, since arriving at RA they have changed all the dampers, the engine and the gearbox, which itself was changed for the WGI race! I guess that ticks off all the boxes on the check-list of things to change! I wonder why the dampers wouldn't have been changed during the rebuild, as the team has plenty of setup data from having run the car here in PWC last year. The whole team must be totally frustrated, and surely it's only a matter of time before they pull the plug and buy a different car. Yet in other Blancpain Series around the world the Audi is still competitive, so I'm confused along with everyone.