View Single Post
Old 14 Dec 2017, 16:47 (Ref:3787060)   #30
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
one of the things i most like about F1 is how the sport intersects with so many different sectors of the business world.

Disney's acquisition 21st Century Fox which includes and ownership stake in SKY plus FOX's ongoing bid to buy up the rest of the SKY network.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/12/14/...-soon-own-sky/

no doubt SKY's F1 rights have little to nothing to do with the merger (so many other more valuable properties involved) but by way of this deal going through it looks like Disney/ESPN will soon be one step closer to locking up the broadcasting rights to F1.

one wonders how much of this Liberty knew in advance...prior to coming in for Liberty to run F1, Chase Carey was a top executive with 21st Century FOX and Sean Bratches was a long time exec at ESPN.

time will tell if less subscriber choice will be a boon or not for F1 fans.