View Single Post
Old 27 Apr 2018, 11:44 (Ref:3817700)   #53
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman View Post
As a matter of interest, are all 600 staff there just to support the F1 operation?

I know Williams have several other business interests, but I've no idea how many staff are exclusively dedicated to the F1 effort.
From an interesting interview with CW..

ttps://www.racefans.net/2018/04/18/williams-exclusive-its-not-what-you-have-its-how-you-spend-it/

“Of course we came into the season believing that we were going to turn things around. Maybe it’s a case of managing expectations. I don’t believe it’s as simple as just plugging in a few senior heads. This is a big organisation, there’s some 600 people working in our Formula One team.
“Obviously we’ve got issues that could be percolating with them, just at the senior, senior level and we need to address those issues. To say ‘It’s not where we wanted to be’ is the grossest understatement that you could imagine.” It is visibly as painful for Claire as it sounds.