View Single Post
Old 2 Jan 2018, 23:48 (Ref:3790387)   #43
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Happy New Year to all.

In the UK the Old Year seemed to go out in some blazes of glory. When was the last time an entire multi-storey car park was engulfed? More flats too.

Let's hope this is not a trend that continues into 2018. I could foresee our Iain's plans being disrupted by conscription to the fire service owing to his past experience. As I understand things the wise people in control have decided fires are things of the past these days and cut staffing levels. They may need help!

Some of the local firework displays last night looked like they too had the potential to result in unplanned incendiary activity. Hopefully they were all incident free.

Have fun everyone. Especially Max and anyone else blessed with a Jan 1 birthday.
I wonder how many people had very expensive cameras, phones, watches etc in their cars when they caught fire? The insurance claims may need careful reading!!

I also saw with astonishment and disgust that a number of dogs had been left in cars. Some were rescued ok from the top deck next day, but are we sure that idiots didn't leave dogs in their cars on other floors? No one expects a car park fire but who in their right mind keeps a dog in a locked car for several hours, even in the cool of winter or at night?

It's not been a good period with animals trapped in fires at several locations. Appalling.