View Single Post
Old 11 Jul 2008, 14:19 (Ref:2249219)   #8
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner
They have to change wheels during a weekend anyway, so they need those things anyway. And the 5-bolt wheels are the same as they are in the BTCC and WTCC, because they need to be according to the rules. That jus leaves a bit of training to do that in a few seconds. Whether it needs several hours training in the week I don't know, but I really can't imagine that it is nescesary to unbolt 5 bolts, pull the wheel from the car, put another one on the car, and put 5 bolts on it....
Thats not correct, I'm afraid.

The tyres are changed anyway, yes, but in a completely different way. As I wrote before the equipment is completely different compared to BTCC, DTC and WTCC-teams.

The wheels are not the same, the base is the same but the wheels have been prepared for quicker fasteing. And as Bram says, the hubs are worked hard on.

As I've stated before the teams train for several hours per week, I tend to know as I work in one of the teams