View Single Post
Old 13 Mar 2019, 17:39 (Ref:3890162)   #2563
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Sorry, I’m still not convinced. ‘Well subscribed blogger on YouTube’ puts me off, for a start!

I don’t think there’s anything happening in Europe that wasn’t planned. The car specification is not the same as USA spec, despite the steering wheel at least being the same side.....
Try this Mike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzspO4-T7t4

As to Europe, how different is the spec.?

Different charger connection options as I understand it but that would not be too difficult to swap if required.

Is there anything fundamental that would preclude retro-speccing pre-built car?

That said I would guess that you were right about planning. I don't recall a firm date for Europe release being mentioned so all the plan had to do was follow NA sales and start to change the manufacturing output balance at a point where a target number or a significant date based event might kick in. (For example).

Whether such planning is successful is another matter. I would imagine that the planned announcement of sales location closures and price reductions followed days later by a partial reversal of the closure announcement and price increases may not have been in anyone's plan. Obviously that has little to do with Version 3 specs and availability dates specifically but ...