View Single Post
Old 28 Jul 2016, 19:52 (Ref:3661701)   #3
andrewc's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Norwich, UK
Posts: 807
andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most track days won't accept an open wheel single seater, so if you wanted to run you would probably find that your best option would be to sit your ARDS and get your track license (Nat. B).

Then you can enter circuit test days - all circuits run test days during the season, and most will be split into closed wheel and open wheel sessions.

Following that, if you want to race there are a number of options - a number of Formula Ford specific championships, or something like Monoposto which has a mixture of cars ranging from standard FF through modified examples up to F3 derived cars.

Of course, there are sprints and hill climbs which you may be eligible for which gives other places to run.

For best value, I'd say that a Formula Ford 1800 Zetec is best value, although Kent engined FF's have most places to race them.
andrewc is offline  
Andrew Cliffe - Norwich Photo & Racing Exposure