View Single Post
Old 19 May 2018, 23:30 (Ref:3823467)   #14
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Regarding the Chase, since I see it popping up so often, I think it's worth keeping in mind that it, by and large, is not really an issue. NASCAR's peak, 2003-2008, only featured one season without the Chase format, so it clearly isn't enough of an issue on it's own to turn people away.

But it's definitely something contingent on the schedule size. There's not much point to it if the schedule drops below 30 races, and even if it drops to 30, the Chase would still need to be shortened. In point of fact, even with the schedule as is I think it should only be 8 races instead of 10.

The Chase is certainly nowhere close to as big an issue as stage racing, which when you really get down to it is just an attempt to address a problem that would be far better addressed by shortening the majority of the races.

Put simply, some of us here consider the Chase as a MUCH bigger issue than it really is, and I really think that when trying to come up with ideas to fix NASCAR, the focus should be on just about everything BUT the Chase. Any changes to it should be made after consideration of how it lines up with other changes to the schedule.