View Single Post
Old 25 May 2018, 12:42 (Ref:3824560)   #166
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Firstly, it's not a question of wether the post is real or not since it was a post by himself. You can't question the post's authenticity. The post is very much real.

Secondly, that is your interpretation. Just because you are critical of the truthfulness in his post doesn't mean that I can't believe what he posted.

Thirdly, how could he possibly have known that Citroen would make the announcement just after his post? In that case he would have to have known that they would post his axing at the time they did and also prepare his own words to post just before theirs. Also, do you really think they would have gone public with his axing if they had seen his post? It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. He couldn't have returned the fire since the fire, their announcement, was not public yet.

Please don't question my judgement in the future.
You honestly believe Citroën did not tell Meeke personally he was fired before they put the press release out there?
And yes Meeke would know when the directors were going to meet and evaluate his performance. And he would also have known it was not looking good for him. The exact same thing happened to him last season remember, so he could already anticipate what was going to happen.

As far as why Meeke would make that post. Well obviously to make Citroën look like the bad guys here. The way it looks now is that Meeke was completely oblivious until Citroën fired him by press release. You yourself said that Facebook post made you feel sorry for Meeke. By framing himself as 'innocent' and 'mistreated' he has a better chance of securing new sponsorships for the rest of his career.

By the way I am writing this as if Meeke conspired this himself. Actually he has PR and social media people working for him. I don't believe he himself is plotting this all, but his support team did have a hand in it.

Also, do not read this post as a defence of Citroën. They handled this situation very badly. Their whole wrc comeback has been one disaster after another. They should have done better.

Finally, you believe what you believe and I believe what I believe. This is a discussion forum after all.