View Single Post
Old 28 Apr 2019, 10:54 (Ref:3900162)   #65
Zico
Racer

Zico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
One day maybe they’ll manage dominance like they had in the ‘50s. Certainly woeful compared to that.
I think the Merc dominance of the 50's speaks volumes more about their competitors ineptitude at that time rather than being "woeful" in the last 5 years.

Ferrari's current situation is a strange one. In testing they have looked like they were going to dominate but for various reasons including poor decision making by the team, they have not been able to capitalise.
Meanwhile Mercedes have made the best strategy decision making as a team, and coupled with a large amount of luck, have made the best start to the season in years.

I think we have all been surprised by it. Will Ferrari get their act together and finally claim the status as being the dominant team this season? Im not so sure now.. Ferrari have a lower drag, higher top speed, lower downforce car acheived by going down the inwash route that seems to have limited their downforce envelope... while Merc have the opposite which seems to be more versatile and perhaps forgiving over a wider range of circuits, fuel load, tyre wear and race conditions.

Ferrari will no doubt also have a fair amount of 1-2 finishes this season when everything lines up for them but I think by having to play catch up, coupled with my above assesment, its going to be Mercs once again.