Thread: DP's Fix
View Single Post
Old 28 Mar 2003, 15:17 (Ref:551173)   #13
MaxSport
Racer

MaxSport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Car and operating costs are about the same for DP and GT. Just ask team owners instead of speculating and putting out false information that fits your agenda.

A Ferrari 360 GT is 400k and a new 911GT3RS about 300k. If your driver puts one of these cars in the fence it will cost you more to fix it that a tube frame DP.

Hotel rooms,crew,transporters and other costs are the same. It is a false premise to suggest that DPs cost more than GTs and that Grand Am will in turn be a failure.

Cole knows what he is talking about and has quoted me numbers for a season in DPs that are similar to what others have quoted me for a year in GTs.

Daytona 24 "back" in respectable hands? It has always been run by the France family and I doubt that they will be finished off by anyone. Especially a neophyte like Don Panoz and the ALMS.

The LM Tournement,a strong FIA GT series,weak LMP fields (that really are due to high costs) and lack of leadership make it more likely that the ALMS will disappear first. Panoz doesn't have the money or willingness to prop up the ALMS anymore.
That is obvious by his actions and can be supported by facts.

Lets hope that Sebring will continue no matter what occurs with the ALMS. Maybe it becomes an LM Tournement event?

If Bernie buys CART I suggest that it will be the ALMS that is finished off. CART is a much bigger "enemy" of the ALMS than the G/A is.

Even if the DP class goes away, G/A will likely stay around as a GT series. The Frances aren't likely to be going anywhere either.

KM