View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 2018, 02:13 (Ref:3812581)   #59
Jam3s
Racer

Jam3s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
You're missing nothing as far as the NBN is concerned, it's a disgrace. I live in a major city, and have the NBN as there is no other options. I have just received a letter and an offer from my IP as they have admitted that they cannot offer anywhere near the speeds that I am paying for under the current technology. I have been offered a compensation cheque for $100, plus the ability to get out of my contract and enter into a new contract that reflects the capabilities of the you beaut NBN we have at our disposal.

Malcolm Turnbull installed a substandard internet for his mate Rupert to protect his subscription TV business in return for some lovely headlines looking after the Libs.

PS: It's midday, I'm the only one here right now, and my internet speed test indicates I am getting 13 mbps.
And to think this isn't an outgoing infrastructure but one in the middle of its roll-out. Our only hope is that mobile broadband, namely future 5G becomes cheap enough to be viable for heavy use for home down the line because the common 10-40mbit down and importantly half that upload speed hardly cuts it now let alone 10 years down the line, especially with cloud services becoming a lot more commonplace.