View Single Post
Old 25 Apr 2019, 08:01 (Ref:3899518)   #334
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon P View Post
Hi Louis, regarding the above mentioned point with air boxes etc, in Barcelona we ran a B19 with an air box, we have been told if we want to continue racing with an air box, it needs to be on the HTP for Spa next month.

I would like the option to run an air box and race in the same specification to our competitor's B19's.

My issue: We found the MSA will not grant papers for a B19 with headlights (required for Peter Auto events) and an air box in period G-
"07.07.17 We are not interested in what might be required for whatever series. An HTP can only be issued for a car exactly as it was in period - or a precise copy of such a car. If non period specification parts are needed for a series today then those parts must be fitted after a correct HTP has been obtained.
So, please fit the appropriate bodywork, remove all remaining airbox components and we can process this."

At the time we didn't want to dispute, so accepted the expense to have a spare nose painted (without headlights), removed the air box system, and finally the HTP was issued.

To resolve the Scrutineering/Air box issue; would you advise to:
-Re-submit HTP papers to the MSA with updated photos?
-Dispute the PA's scrutineer- Henri Pluton's decision?
...or is there an appeal system to protest every period G B19 in Europe running an air box?

If the HTP avenue has to be taken, could you clarify about headlights - I understand in 1971's appendix J Art. 270. allows the mounting of head lights. (I can't see how 5-3/4" headlamps are not period correct)

Thanks
Simon,

the answer is simple, you cannot run a B19 with airbox in Period GR according to FIA rules and you won't see one in the FIA Championship as far as I'm concerned because they didn't exist up until 1972 as far as I can document it...! And unlike the T212 which trialed it in 1971 notably in Imola.

You could argue Henri's decision but I will only back him and actually forward him the discussion and ask for all airbox to be removed for Period GR unless it can be documented. You can also appeal all these cars simply by putting a protest up to the Peter Auto Stewards... Or simply by telling the people to do their job I would say.

On headlights, it's a simple deal. Chevron manufactured specific and additional fibreglass round supports for headlights which you can see on numerous B19 in period across the world. If you want to fit headlights according to FIA rules, you must replicate the Chevron period attributes.

The bodywork incorporated headlights only appeared from 1972 onwards and additionally, you have to run symmetrical body and ROPS by that year as well so it's not as simple as one would think but it is period correct and that is what matters to us.

Best, Louis.