View Single Post
Old 20 Nov 2020, 10:43 (Ref:4018005)   #25
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
I seem to remember many years ago we had a superb thread on here about reengineered, continuation, fake , copy or whatever you want to call them cars.
In the past week we have had three B8’s with same chassis number. Seems all the sports cars have same situation.This has also occurred with Pre War Bentley’s and most other Pre War cars
Some of the preparation people involved with cars and supposedly experts in the field use their position to create history
Good thing is that with so few GT40’s most people know what’s what and Gelscoe who create many of the new cars are very clear in what they do
Pity other people do not take the same moral stance
My first experience of ringing was someone in HRSR selling their HRSR spec car and buying an FiA car . . . . which turned out to have a twin in the USA! I'm pretty sure the HRSR car is/was a U2TC car now . . . .

I looked at 3 Lotus Cortinas in the early 2000's and dismissed them all, went GT instead as I got a good honest car, for less. In retrospect I'm glad I was naieve at the time or I'd have bought a 1200 deluxe and built a Lotus. I thought you had to have a real car to get FiA papers. Which was the passport to the nicer races.