Thread: How to fix F1?
View Single Post
Old 24 Sep 2018, 22:47 (Ref:3852503)   #41
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviePHD View Post
I have a solution, it's a bit savage but I reckon it's a winner.

Teams
  • 8 teams, 3 cars each, 24 cars....
  • Each teams 3rd car is to be driven by a driver with less than 2 years in F1....
  • The running of the 3rd to be given to a 'junior team" with their own livery, sponsorship etc....
  • a Junior Team and Drivers Championship....

Cars
  • Diversity (look at LMP1 a few years ago, diesel, petrol, 2WD, 4WD, hybrids of both)....
  • Push to Pass (handicapped based on current standings i.e. Lewis gets less than Lance)....

Drivers
  • All drivers must score at least 20 points over per season or face losing their F1 Superlicence....
  • Look beyond F2 and other single seaters for incoming drivers....

I reckon with this in place we would have the new drivers entering in more competitive cars (can you imagine if Leclerc was in a 3rd Ferrari?). We'd probably need Red Bull to take one for the team and reduce Toro Rosso to a 1 car junior team.

We could also have other teams potentially come and "have a go" at F1 running the 3rd car without having to make the leap of becoming a constructor (888 Australia or Joest Sport for example).
Open the book and go back to the '70s.