Thread: Gloves
View Single Post
Old 5 Nov 2018, 12:42 (Ref:3861102)   #12
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From my personal experience, Ringers Mechanics let me down. I was moving something (during a rescue training) to assist, and the edge sliced through the gloves and first layer of skin on my fingers without me feeling it. Could have been a LOT worse. I stick to Extrication now - and touch wood they've saved my hands a couple of times.

I prefer a close fitting glove and accept the risk of these being difficult to remove in times of need. I rely on my experience to not touch hot things (picked up a brake disc quadrant and associated brake pad, but dropped them as I saw the pad weld itself to the disc) and luck that I don't get hot liquids on me.

For flagging, its bare hands, unless very cold and wet, I have a pair of orange hunting gloves from the US I expect to try in North Wales this weekend.