View Single Post
Old 15 Jul 2019, 08:05 (Ref:3917759)   #21
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There were a number of contenders:

Hamilton, because he won at a canter and took fastest lap on 30 lap-old hard tyres. But he was helped by the safety car.

Bottas. Pole, good start, exciting first few laps, especially the fight-back at Copse. But he was robbed by the safety car and failed to grab fastest lap despite having the car and tyres to do it. Sorry, Valtteri.

Verstappen. Very exciting racing for much of the race, even if the pit lane duel got a little edgy. Didn't really do much wrong either.

Vettel. Only joking

Norris. Great qualifying and looking really strong in the race. Sadly got totally stuffed by the safety car so we never saw what he might have done by the end. No histrionics but just got his head down when things out of his control went wrong. Man of the future.

LECLERC. Driver of the Grand Prix. Put his "great" teammate in the shade again. Got it back to third when he lost out to the safety car. Exciting dueling with Verstappen, and what really clinched it was giving Verstappen a good firm shove at Club. He alluded to it after the race, "Now I know what we are allowed to do" or something like that.