Thread: WEC Rebellion Racing
View Single Post
Old 11 Jun 2018, 21:11 (Ref:3828510)   #2009
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
You have not been paying attention. Let me help.

The privateers get favorable EoT to get closer to Toyota.

I mean, if that's not clear by now I don't know what to tell you.
Let me explain this: In the diesel LMP1 regs, it wasn't written in the rules for Audi or Peugeot to be faster written in black and white in the rule book. Under the original hybrid regs, there was nothing written in black and white for Audi, Toyota or Porsche to be faster.

It was basically implied that they should be faster because they're factory efforts. Just like Audi was with the R8 in LMP900, as they were a factory effort, but again, nothing was printed in black and white that they had to be faster.

Now there's a rule written in the rules that Toyota have to be automatically faster, rather than have them be naturally faster due to being a factory effort.

So what if the ACO have given the private teams breaks to be closer to Toyota? Originally it seems that they were supposed to be on pace without an insurance in the rule book for Toyota to be granted a performance advantage.

This goes back to my soapbox comments in the LMP1 rules thread that if the ACO want to give Toyota an advantage, let them have their stint advantage and let everything else play out as it should.

If Toyota end up slower, it's their tough luck. If the privateers end up almost as fast as a factory team, either the ACO did a good job of BOP or got their sums wrong. If privateers naturally end up slower, then that's basically the natural order, like it or not.

Last edited by chernaudi; 11 Jun 2018 at 21:16.