Thread: BTCC BTCC 2021
View Single Post
Old 20 Aug 2020, 10:28 (Ref:3996627)   #24
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
An Astra VXR would not be until after the next gen Astra has been around for a year or two and depend on market conditions.
I'm not saying it is 100% accurate, but some circles are reporting that a VXR-badged Astra will be appearing as soon as 2021:

Carbuyer: 'a plug-in hybrid version of the new Astra will be offered. [...] The Hybrid4 will be badged as a VXR model, Vauxhall’s performance moniker, and it’ll have the acceleration and handling to suit the VXR badge. '

msn: 'But the Astra Hybrid4 VXR, [...] is expected to go on sale shortly after the new Astra’s launch in 2021.'

I guess the chance of 2021 seeing a VXR in the BTCC depends on how much PSA (and the UK dealer network) want to get the VXR brand back in the forefront of the general public? It would mean moving to the new model, which PMR have not indicated as a possibility yet so I expect it is unlikely.

Some might argue that running an Astra VXR in the BTCC does not fit with the showroom model being a 1.6L (rumoured). But that hasn't stopped Motorbase sticking ST on their Focus, when the showroom model is a 2.3L.