View Single Post
Old 24 Apr 2014, 06:06 (Ref:3397571)   #17
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Phew! what a bizarre day 1 for the support categories. One minute its dry, nek minnit its hosing it down.

This seemed to suit the team I am in as our driver got his best qualifying yet, so we're pretty stoked.

But as usual the standing water at T1 etc was a swimming pool.

2moro's set up in the skies does have the stalled cold front (as mentioned earlier) coming thru. I don't see it being a major as far as todays conditions go, but there should be some rain from about midday, but it should be quite light, but its Puke so who knows!. Rain should continue (light rain) for the rest of the day, so it may affect practice and qually sessions for the supercars.

The front then should stall overnight with Saturday rain on the cards first thing (maybe moderate falls in the morning), and moving back to lighter rain around midday. By the end of Satdee, it should be gone-burgers.

Which then leaves a dry Sunday for the big races, wind from the NW, but nothing to get worried about. Sunday evening, whens its all done and dusted should pack in again, but who cares about that!.

So the positives are: rain free sunday
Negatives are: rain affected Saturday.

I am lucky enough to be doing local weather analysis for a few teams in the support categories. I never ever trust our metservice, and in a place like Puke it does help if you have someone who can read the clouds and let the right people know what time the weather will hit, and also what part of the track. I've managed to get this part right 100% of the time so far, but I have to be on the ground to do this. Rain Radars etc just don't have the resolution needed. No doubt it won't be too long before I make the wrong call

Am loving the buzz of having the Supercar circus in town. Even today, there where quite good crowds all things considered.