View Single Post
Old 30 May 2000, 06:44 (Ref:1840)   #15
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or after last year's Nürburgring?
However, I like qualifying the way it is! A few years back, there was qualifying on both Friday and Saturday, with the best lap counting regardless of which day it was set. That led to some boring qualifying sessions on Saturday, if it rained and the track was slower. Then the only driver giving the spectators something to watch was Jean Alesi, he came out and did some laps regardless of weather.

If a change were to be made, maybe we could revert to qualifying on both Friday and Saturday, with the average of the best laps set on each day deciding the grid. Whether that would lead to more "interesting" grids and races, I don't know, but I honestly can't see how qualifying could be changed all that much and still keep it fair to the best drivers. (We don't want to see TGF and Mika starting from the last row every race, do we? That could be exciting, for sure, but certainly not fair sportingwise.)