View Single Post
Old 27 Apr 2011, 21:00 (Ref:2870890)   #58
Matthew Sturmer
Rookie

Matthew Sturmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately I couldn't find the pie shop McMuttley but I did manage to sneak a quick ice cream in on Saturday afternoon, and very nice it was to.

It was quite a busy weekend John having both cars, especially as I had them in different parts of the paddock. I did get a quick glimpse of you as I went out in the Formula Ford on one of the days but I already had my helmet on so it made saying hello a bit hard. I will make sure I find you if you are at Silverstone in May.

Overall it was an excellent weekend. I think that the whole weekend really worked, what with the testing on the Saturday, and then the double headers with the racing on both the Sunday and the Monday. The people that I spoke to really liked this format as it made the whole event more relaxing, and also gave you the opportunity to actually watch some racing as opposed to just take part in your own event.

In the Formula Ford events, the whole of the PA Motorsport Macon Team had a good weekend with myself, Steve and Brian all finishing in the points in both races. Brian was especially "on it" in the second race coming through from 12 to finish 5. I missed second gear off the grid and then spent the rest of the race trying to recover the positions that I lost.......

I was unsure how the F3 would be around Cadwell as it is a bit narrow in places. It turned out to be absolutely awesome.........The Van Diemen/GRD was well suited to the track as it now handles pretty well and was only let down by me still not realising just how fast you can get it round some of the corners, however I was pleased with the 5th and 6th places. Not to bad for what is fundamentaly a 72 design.

The car was sporting my spare orange nose due to a slight "off" in testing where I took to the grass in avoidance of another car that didn't see me as I was overtaking it on Park Straight.

All in all, an excellent weekend, at a fantastic track, made all the better by the unseasonably warm weather, roll on next year.........