Thread: SKG's tracks
View Single Post
Old 18 Feb 2014, 20:57 (Ref:3369869)   #110
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like the concept of the chicane on the parallel straight immediately opposite the starting grid , not least as it give main grandstand spectators more than just half a second per lap of action.

There is one thing though that immediately jumps out. If running the Yellow and green circuits, there is a barrier that would have to be really shortened. As it currently stands it's a very very narrow point on the circuit.
Click image for larger version

Name:	SKG.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	42013
The right hand arrow shows where it should begin to curve, with the left hand arrow pointing out approx where it should meet the other barrier.

Actually taking another look, I'd amend your design slightly with the pit entry as well. the circuit width stays the same, but it's a larger and more inviting looking I think now...
Click image for larger version

Name:	SKG 2.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	42014

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 18 Feb 2014 at 21:16.