View Single Post
Old 2 Oct 2021, 20:31 (Ref:4076720)   #2776
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Sold out by virtue of less seating though?

Its a fair point to raise about locals not attending.

For sure some of that has to be that locals dont care about motorsports and certainly not at F1 prices, but also how well are events promoted to this potential local audience?

Follow up question...do they sell alcohol at every event...at Abu Dhabi for example?

Drinking is a pretty popular tradition and if you want a 100k spectators then you need booze right? I suppose thats an incredibly western opinion though.
No.Around 70,000 seats I think.Certainly more grandstand seats than Montreal or Monaco.
Yes they sell alcohol at the event.
The local audience are well aware this event is run for a “western” crowd and it may not align with their religious beliefs.
I don’t understand people saying F1 should only be held in places where there is a local motor racing tradition or where it can encourage other forms of motor sport.It is a big event and stands on its own.A lot of F1 fans I know have zero interest in any other form of motor sport anyway.That being said a lot of countries where there is no real local motor sport-Turkey,South Korea,India-have struggled to find an audience.