Thread: F1 awards 2020
View Single Post
Old 26 Jan 2021, 11:39 (Ref:4031266)   #4
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Best Driver of the season: Hamilton - no complacency. Keeps edging forwards and gets stronger in different areas.

Best Team of the season: A few wobbles, but Mercedes were pretty peerless on most occasions. The occasional operational blunder.

Best Drive of the season: George Russell - Sakhir.

Most improved driver: Gasly. Had the measure of Kvyat overall and was on it most weekends.

Most improved team: McLaren. They were more consistent than 2019 and when they didn't look strong on Friday, they often clawed back some results.

Qualifier of the season: Leclerc

Qualifying lap of the season: It probably wasn't actually the best, but I'll plump for Stroll at Istanbul on the sheer basis that he pulled that surprise out of the bag.

Race lap of the season: Sorry to be unoriginal, but despite your mentioning it, BTCC frog, Raikkonen's opener at Portimão sticks in the mind. He might not be the fastest, but he's wily. At the other end of the race, 2nd choice - Hamilton hanging on at Silverstone on the last lap.

Best start of the season: Russell in Sakhir was superb. You could see it from the off.

Best overtake of the season: Another vote for Albon, on Raikkonen at Silverstone, round the outside at Stowe.

Best race of the season: Sakhir. Russell and Mercedes provided so much euphoria and agony. A blockbuster performance.

Best technical innovators: Red Bull - I defer to this article: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...EEcDZ2W87.html

Best mechanics: Red Bull, for those pit stops.

Best strategists: I can't recall, but I did wonder whether at times Red Bull should have grabbed a few more from Mercedes and caught them napping, so I guess I'll say Mercedes. Not sure about this one.

Best moment of the season: I think Hamilton's bizarre finish at Silverstone was the one. Grosjean walking away in Bahrain is worthy of a mention, of course.

To add some categories - biggest disappointment: Ocon. I'm sure he was expecting more.

Best circuit action - Mugello. Divine.