Thread: Group B
View Single Post
Old 10 Oct 2016, 07:08 (Ref:3678847)   #47
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think that is the appeal of this event and why it has become so popular, much like the Boucles de Spa in Belgium, it has the open road feel of an older event.

But these are Italians, if left to their own devices a bit like the Portugese and Spanish they will push and push until someone gets hurt. It was a F2 Clio that went into a crowd I think, but if you watch the coverage, the drivers are really playing, not many are driving flat out or going for times.

We had an event like this for a few years the Roger Clark rally, but most of the cars are in Europe and sending them over here is very expensive, plus the drives probably like driving in the warm sun!. And at the time of year you would have the event to coincide with old RAC weather its probably quite tough to tempt the rich owners to England.

But, I will say in typical Brit fashion we ran our event as a proper rally, Rally CLassic, Eifel and Boucles are certainly far more like events than rallies, so perhaps that is why we didn't get the same range of cars. We certainly didn't get hordes of GpB cars like they do for those events

But I think the climate and weather helps those events more than anything, we got good drivers like Stig, Hannu and Vatanen.