View Single Post
Old 12 Jun 2018, 08:39 (Ref:3828592)   #10
Drew C
Rookie

Drew C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic and Classic Formula Ford

Its really great news that the enthusiasm for earlier Formula Ford racing is growing and growing.

Reading the posts on the HSCC events and the Radio Caroline series is hugely encouraging and there are several people I know who have either purchased Historic and Classic Cars or are thinking of doing so in the near future.

I have recently acquired a Lotus 61 and we are working to get that ready for later in the season. In addition I have a couple of Lolas and a mid '80s Van Diemen so getting pretty committed in my advancing years!

One thing I have found difficult to achieve is a way of just shaking down the cars and even the driver without it costing half a race season of budget.

From my point of view it is a question of getting my eye in again and there is no substitute for seat time in a relaxed environment.

Very much with this in mind Anglesey Circuit has started to run Single Seater Track Days which are run just like the normal Open Pit Lane events from the major operators but aimed entirely at Single Seat Race Cars like the Historic and Classic Cars you refer to in the earlier posts.

The Circuit uses the popular Coastal Track of 1.5 miles, the days run Open Pit with Sighting Laps at the start and controlled overtaking like a normal Track Day.

Several cars have come out to play that have been pushed away in garages for a while with owners debating whether to commit to renewing licences and so forth; with the Anglesey initiative a Road Licence suffices so its an affordable way to blow the dust off driver and car alike.

Sprint and Hillclimb folk have also shown interest and they use the days to get more acclimatised to their cars as they can play with changes in a day to work out preferences.

I thought it would be worth mentioning as there have been a few competitors in the North West and further afield who have found the relaxed atmosphere and open session approach really useful.

The next event is on Monday the 18th June followed by Monday the 20th August.

For more details call Anglesey Circuit and there should be spaces still available.

These are perfect days for Historics and Classics, both cars and drivers!