View Single Post
Old 13 Oct 2015, 12:53 (Ref:3582492)   #16
Hampton Caught
Racer

England
Hampton Caught should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, a very interesting and busy weekend, especially given the large number of mechanical maladies experienced by so many of the entries. Stuart Emery managed to go through several driveshafts, spoiling both days for him, Todd Crooks broke his diff early on Saturday requiring a new gearbox to be brought in and Pat Doran broke his propshaft Saturday and had other issues over the rest of the weekend.

Andreas Bakkerud made superb progress. He was improving in each session on Saturday and was outstanding on Sunday with damper conditions first thing. Very impressive!

I was also hoping that Lance Foster would be out in his Green and White Mini, but he is still repairing the car after his roll at Pembrey earlier in the season.

I was surprised by some of the driving standards, though. MIchael Boak I think it was managed to push a tyre stack from the hairpin all the way to the finish line, which caused a red flag and Paul Maybourne was pushed along sideways for a long, long distance in his GP Final. He managed to limp the car on to the tarmac before the race was red flagged then too. The idea, surely, is if you make contact, you back off immediately rather than plough on regardless! Bizarre!

Great entertainment nevertheless and I'm so glad I got to see it first hand.

I'm looking forward to watching your video, geordiecriag101, but can't on the computer I'm on right now. Did you see my rallycross model display in the hospitality suite near the John Button Trophy?

Cheers, Steve