Thread: 2020 Rallying
View Single Post
Old 17 Feb 2020, 09:48 (Ref:3957957)   #41
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Tragic weather for the Swedish round but what can one do? I'm glad they still decided to run it, despite being markably chopped off. Hopefully this won't be an issue next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Yeah, glad they managed to salvage something from it: was definitely a mixed bag of conditions!
A real shame - Sweden is one of my favourite rounds and this year it was a shadow of itself. Glad that they managed to run something but it just wasn't a 'proper' Swedish rally without the snowbanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Great drive by Evans, he is a championship contender for sure now.
Quote:
I am still hesitant to call Evans a title contender this early: though it is impossible to deny that his performance wasn't superb this weekend.
Great drive from Evans, he seemed pretty relaxed all weekend and certainly seemed to be in control.

Quote:
... As you say Neuville seemed slow to get going and, by the time he was up to speed, the rally was over!

Solid drive from Tanak, a good result for him after the Monte smash. I see a few comments stating that Ogier is struggling in the Yaris but, given his past performance(s), I wonder if he is just playing the long game and accruing points?
The championship looks pretty open this year - Neuville, Tanak, Evans and Ogier all in with a good shout. I'd rule Rovanpera out purely on experience - he has the speed but you'd expect some mistakes over the course of the year that will cost him. The Fiesta looks to be off the pace so we can rule Suninen and Lappi out of the fight.