View Single Post
Old 15 Aug 2022, 15:49 (Ref:4122869)   #36
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone watch the coverage at the weekend?

Overall I thought it was a pretty positive debut for the RX1e cars. They seemed to be pretty reliable and, although they weren't shattering records from the outset, the pace was almost equal to the RX1 from the start despite the minimal amount of testing.

The electric Supercars are never going to appeal to me as much as the combustion cars, but the racing was pretty close at times. Notable that, in contradiction to the earlier press releases, the RX1e were a little heavier than stated (still much lighter than an FC1-X though).

I actually rather enjoyed the Super Pole session, but the rest of the new format is not winning me over at all. I personally think it was a huge mistake to make such sweeping changes the same year as the electric transition.

Nick really doesn't seem to be improving with his commentary either, hoped he would settle in after the first year, but his commentary is still riddled with errors.