Thread: Project Brabham
View Single Post
Old 26 Sep 2014, 11:05 (Ref:3457794)   #45
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Thats an interesting thought - but if you consider the number of cars being run worldwide in various categories by business sponsors money, I cannot see how crowd funding could ever replace that?
I agree - I can't see crowdfunding being in any way the solution, but it might form part of the solution.

In terms of the number of cars being run? Well there's undeniably a lot of them, but how many are being run because the sponsor sees a measurable ROI from the engagement (be it through eyeballs seeing the name on the side of the car, the corporate entertainment opportunities trackside, or the exciting sport halo effect used in wider marketing) and how many because a particular corporate exec likes spending some of the profits generated by a successful business on a 'hobby' like racing?