View Single Post
Old 10 Jan 2017, 12:57 (Ref:3701581)   #40
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, sure "Le bauble" Le Sorcier does belong to our mechanical story. His financial ressources were very very limited. He got some rest with the help of Renault before retiring. I met him several times but was too young to mesure my luck. My dad was friend with Mr Jean Rédélé too, a young guy "bricolant de drôles de voitures en plastique" in a Renault garage (Escoffier) near la butte Montmartre in Paris. Those were Alpine's. In your archives may be you can see one of my dad's Gordini pictures, name was Robert Cayeux. I think he won some laurels with his racing car at La Baule concours d'élégance (dont know the year).
I couldn't imagine that this small french team could have found any supporter in England. I'm impressed and moved to hear that.
About Jean Behra many witnesses of the era refer to him as " a true elegant gentleman". Sounds good to me dont you agree?