View Single Post
Old 23 Aug 2017, 19:23 (Ref:3761248)   #13
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
Sounds kind of like Barber where you can't see the frontstraight, though you can't go in the infield at all there, just around the perimeter. Still another great track though. I'm trying to make it a priority to get to Rd. America next year, so hopefully they will have the Protos as part of the VIR round by the time I actually get there in a couple years, but who knows, maybe I can squeeze in a trip there before that.
Barber is an immaculate facility and a not so great place to attend a race, imo. It's all viewed from the perimeter, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's limited in spectator /viewing access. I have Road Atlanta to compare (mostly) which it the complete opposite of the previous statements, minus you can view from the outside starting at T8 to T1.

VIR, it seems that there's several portions that fans can't get to well (run down to Oak Tree, final corner, first 2 corners). It's a big place, too, but is 100x more enjoyable to view on the television than Barber.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 23 Aug 2017 at 19:30.