View Single Post
Old 27 Aug 2017, 13:45 (Ref:3761986)   #25
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Some blamed Mike for the accident, some blamed Macklin, a few blamed Levegh, but as he died and he was French, little was said. However he was probably too old for such a fast car, and at the end of the day it was a combination of the narrow road, no separate pit road, and the huge speed differential of the cars.To try and apportion blame was pointless ... it was a 'racing accident'.Having witnessed the accident I have never wanted to return to Le Mans.
Ami Robert, I dont know if my late dad was at Le Mans this day but I remember from mom's words he did know Levegh. I'm quite convinced he wouldn't disagree with you and may be he could add some other words.
As Mike said, easy to understand you dont want to go back to this place since. On a different mode, my dad's first name is the same as yours, Ami Robert…