Thread: IMSA IMSA : 2019
View Single Post
Old 20 Sep 2017, 16:37 (Ref:3768831)   #18
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As far as I know the drivers have hated Conti tires since before the merger (I listened to one of the Taylor bothers joking with other drivers and crew about how he had better traction with his street tires, one lucky day back in 2012 (?) when I caught a tram at Homestead that was full of drivers and crew.)

Conti probably offered good money ... so I assume Michelin did too. And Michelin has the budget to do as much advertising as Conti could.

I really think that the series needed to improve the tires. Lap times in WeatherTech will likely come down, and since it seems the series wants to be seen as on par with WEC ... IMSA needs to show comparable performance.

Conti --- the crazy driving, big fields, and adventurous driving won't change.