View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 2015, 14:38 (Ref:3570758)   #181
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
SKG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys

This short (ish) wide (ish) track is characterised by its two esses sections and increasing-radius loopbacks. Overtaking is tricky, and drivers are already complaining about cars leaving the pits and chopping across onto the racing line. I'm sure they'll sort it out between themselves.

A shortcut avoids the long run up to the north hairpin, whilst another gives the option to skip the infield section. Since the north hairpin is the best overtaking opportunity, when it is not in use a chicane at the end of the back straight can be used to increase the braking zone and provide the chance for any plucky driver to throw it up the inside.

This may be the last one for a while. I feel that though producing these last 11 tracks (by coincidence, exactly a year from when I started the first of the 11 to finishing this one today) I've developed some personal standards and conventions, so that when you compare all the designs, they look consistent and like they were produced by the same person. I feel this was missing from the 40-something designs before I arrived at this new standard (not all good enough at the time to share on this forum, of course).

I'm not sure I'm doing anything different any more, so for now I'll finish with this one, until I get some new ideas! There is another design which may or may not get developed over the next few months.

I'm considering sharing my most recent creations on the subreddit https://www.reddit.com/r/RaceTrackDesigns/ , I hope no one considers this treachery or defection!
Attached Thumbnails
56.png   56 2.png   56 3.png  

56 4.png   56 5.png   Untitled config.png