View Single Post
Old 29 Jul 2018, 20:01 (Ref:3840030)   #36
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We had another fantastic day. I think the heat kept a few cars and drivers away, along with Tennis and Football plus there were another couple of local events going on. We raised nearly £7000.00 so thank you for that. The mums from the school again had a bumper day with cakes and bacon butties "already discussed" on this thread there takings were close to £2000.
High light for me was David and Liz Piper coming along for an interview along with Broadie and Mike Knight. I could listen to Mike all day, a very clever and witty man with so many fantastic stories of racing back in the 60's and his Winfield Race School he was involved in.
So ten years has past, very very sad we are loosing a couple of key committee members, along with the highlight of having the show I have made some very special friends past and present who have helped me enormously.
As long as we can use the fields around the Delta workshop I will carry on. The Tour gets more and more popular and Craven Motor Club do such a fantastic job.
So stand by for next year but for now many many thanks to all Tenthers who have helped and supported the show these past ten years,.