View Single Post
Old 4 Sep 2018, 23:13 (Ref:3848227)   #125
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
For starters, I'm sure IndyCar would require more debris fencing at Road Atlanta.

For the sake of the variety of shapes of ovals they have, and to get an honest to goodness one-miler, I'd like to see New Hampshire in there again. I have nothing against Richmond, but it rather resembles Iowa, which is already on the calendar. Also, I do wonder a little about lap times and speeds around there, and the ability to avoid trouble when something goes wrong; these cars should be faster than the last generation to race at Richmond.

Canada certainly deserves a second race, but with Toronto covered, it becomes a question of where. The only other permanent road course of note is Mont Tremblant.

I'd want to see how Austin goes before seriously considering Mexico City anyway. I'm concerned that with the downforce reduction, some of those corner sequences may not work that well. There are also just a lot of single-line corners around the lap at Austin. You really can't pass in a single-class situation from Turn 3 to T9. The same goes for the "stadium", unless you start putting all four over the white lines; policing track limits is going to be fun.

I know it's not that likely for the time being, but I'd really rather have 17 races at 17 different venues, instead of 17 races on 16 configurations of 15 venues.

Seeing Laguna Seca and Portland back, and watching some of the old CART races again, I'm missing having a 3.0-km, trapezoidal oval in there. (Yes, I know, Rio was built over for the Pan American Games, World Cup, and Summer Olympics venues.)

Anyway, that's 5 ovals, 4 temporary circuits, and 7 road courses. I'll be interested to see which races, aside from the 500, get network NBC coverage.
A very interesting and informative post.

I thought NBCSN had the full deal?