Thread: Team Ferrari: in F1
View Single Post
Old 19 Dec 2017, 16:04 (Ref:3788111)   #47
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
playing devils advocate...if they can convince a couple of teams to go with them, possibly another engine manu, offer the sport via FTA and/or a reasonably priced streaming service, find tracks that F1/FIA has ignored and/or more races in the USA who here wouldnt watch the new breakaway series?

and its not so much about bringing others with them either...if Ferrari leaves would Merc and Renault be able to justify their budgets to their respective boards any longer? rather would they take this as an opportunity to pivot to FE...a direction they already seem to be investing in?

personally i dont think its going to happen but i do see the threat as legitimate...or at least legitimate enough that they will get what they want during the next round of negotiations.

anyways we have been here before and when it was FOTA i was of the opinion that while the teams may not be bigger then the sport they are certainly bigger then FOM and probably deserved our support over the sport itself.

but BE broke them...not sure Liberty has the stones to pull a BE.