View Single Post
Old 11 Feb 2014, 14:39 (Ref:3366918)   #1
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
FIA wants older F3 championships to drop the name

Oh, dear, these guys are getting paranoic:

Quote:
National Formula 3 championships in Europe - including the British - have been warned by the FIA that they may not be able to use the 'F3' name, AUTOSPORT understands.

Sources indicate that the MSA received a letter before Christmas in which the FIA expressed surprise that it endorses the use of the 'F3' name, because its championship does not conform to current F3 regulations.

It is understood that the DMSB, which sanctions the German F3 Cup, has received a similar communication.

Frits van Amersfoort believes that the FIA is attempting to force all championships to adopt the new rules. "They are trying to get everything under one umbrella and I think that's important," he said, "but I can't understand why people with older cars and engines can't call themselves F3.

"It is vital that the British and the German series (pictured) can keep the name 'F3' - it's the most important thing the series have.

The Spanish-sanctioned European F3 Open, which uses spec Toyota engines, has already opted for a name change that will be announced on Friday February 14. Jesus Pareja explained that he had decided not to challenge the FIA, despite a long-standing tacit agreement with the governing body to use the F3 name.
(I meant "older")