View Single Post
Old 4 May 2019, 09:02 (Ref:3901680)   #30
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Well, I'll be relying on you guys both on site and on this forum to keep me informed of the goings on at Spa. Velocity/Motor Trend will only basically be showing the first and last hour or so of the race (like has been typical of the sprint/non-Le Mans races).

Granted, I'll be away from my laptop for a while to watch something else for a couple of hours starting at 6:00 US Eastern time (I won't say what since I might be in for some ridicule LOL).

And it seems that outside of Toyota, running LM aero in LMP1 just is a no-go this weekend. Rebellion seem to have had problems, even in the dry, getting their LM kit to work for them at Spa and reverted back to their sprint aero, SMP are running sprint aero. And the only reason why Toyota have gotten their LM aero to work is that their LM aero probably makes as much if not maybe more downforce than the privateers sprint aero for less drag.

Even though one of the SMP BR Dallaras on fast laps got reasonably close to the Toyotas, I think that Toyota will still have the edge big time in the race unless something happens. Granted, the same often happened with Audi and Peugeot back in the day when they were the solo factory teams in the ALMS, Le Mans and the ELMS.