Thread: Driver Drivers rating
View Single Post
Old 12 Jul 2019, 18:29 (Ref:3917211)   #13
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
I don't think we can properly judge Verstappen until we have seen how he handles challenging for a title in a properly competitive car.

In a sense at the moment he can only shine by being aggressive and bringing the best out of a car that isn't a title contender.

What Hamilton has learned is how to get the most out of the times things aren't going so well, knowing when to fight and when to take the result, how to handle the mind games and added pressure and microscopic attention to private life and demeanor.

I don't dispute Verstappen is a 9.5+ talent. But there's more to being the best than that. As such I would still put Hamilton in a class of his own above the rest of the field.

I also think 7 is too generous for Stroll. He's out of his depth and only driving because daddy bought him a team.