View Single Post
Old 20 Apr 2005, 22:54 (Ref:1283421)   #12
icklimp
Racer

England
icklimp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Type
Yes but not of an Edwardian, which I was looking for.

They then tell you that to join the club you have to be supported by a member. They then suggest that you should go along and introduce yourself at a pub meet. So you go to the events page and what do you find? Race meetings are listed but members' events, where presumably pub meets are listed, is accessible to members only ......

Judging from their website, the VSCC is a very inward-looking organisation. Wasn't that the reason for the wholesale migration of VSCC members to this forum a few months back when they made their discussion forum 'members only'?
Firstly judging the website is not necessarily going to give you the full picture, yes there is a certain amount of fear for new technology amongst some but many members, like myself, are fully up to speed.

And the migration to this forum was a very very small (but vocal) percentage, I certainly was on this forum before the VSCC one came into being and enjoy both.

But I do agree there should be more transparency of the various classifications but the 'niche' nature means people do tend to have a bit of knowledge before they even think of joining.