View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 2015, 09:45 (Ref:3516710)   #3
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not that this will help you much with your quest for more information on the WRA Mark III Ford, but George Whitehead used to have his workshop in either Marsh Lane or it's continuation in Honeypot Lane in Stanmore, Middx. He may well have had ties with Cheshire at some point in his life, but I believe that he used to live, may still do, in the same road as my late sister in Stanmore.

He was a good engineer, and I used to purchase specially engineered parts for my Anglia from him from time to time some 45 years ago!

It might well be that Gerry Taylor, a fellow Tenther on the forum, may be able to provide more information as I believe that he may well have had a closer working relationship with George. Maybe you should consider sending Gerry a PM.

Last edited by Mike Harte; 18 Mar 2015 at 09:50.